Map pictures: (Click on a picture for a larger version)
You can edit the information / pictures of this map here.
ENABLED for this map.
Description: (the readme file)
Adlerhorst by -=paZur=-
The Allies are attacking the Adlerhorst and must escort their Sherman M4A3 Tank as it blasts through
the defenses. The Axis can disable and delay the Tank with Panzerfausts, grenades, mines or explosives.
Place adlerhorst_te.pk3 in etmain. Start the game and click on "HOST GAME". Select Adlerhorst TE as Single-Map Objective and click on "START SERVER".
adlerhorst_te_mods.pk3 is a patch for the servers running the etpro/noquarter mod. It fixes the issue with the command map icons appearing outside the compass.
Place the file inside the etpro or noquarter folder in your game directory. DO NOT place it in your etmain folder or the command map icons will not be visible on servers that are not running etpro.
The map runs fine with default hunkmeg (memory) settings with 48-56 players. For more players please set higher hunkmegs by entering the following in the console: "set com_hunkmegs 128". This is especially recommended for server admins.
* Custom tank model (Sherman M4A3 – 100% fresh & hot)
* Custom sky shader based on ydnars shaderlab skybox
* New Textures (from BerneyBoys Texture-pack) & custom shaders
* Normalmapped (bump-mapped) terrain with foliage (stones, grass)
* Radiosity rendered lightmaps (8 stages)
* Level of Detail (LOD) custom tree models
* BerneyBoy for his great Textures (http://berneyboy.planetquake.gamespy.com/)
* ydnar for his famous q3map2 (http://www.shaderlab.com)
* Prefab creators (http://wolfproject.dirtykillz.de/ and others)
* Everyone at the Splash Damage forum (http://www.splashdamage.com/ - you guys are great!)
* Special Thanks to IndyJones for Alphatesting & QA
* Huge thanks also to Steiner and many people on the Splash Damage forum who provided feedback for the TE version.
* Opened the balcony at the Adlerhorst (many players requested that).
* Added an additional escape path for allies over the rocks. Have fun Rambo-Medics! :D
* Added a bunker for Axis that should allow them to keep the bridge longer.
* The hill above the spawn can be used for sniping now.
* Added a hunting stand for Allies and Axis.
* The hut at the yard in front of the Adlerhorst should give Allies more cover.
* Changed the German MG42 at the Sherman to a Browning (little mistake as the tank script is based on Goldrush).
* r_speeds got higher due to opening the balcony and removing some vis blocking.
Changes from Beta to Final:
* Fixed construction crates (not disappearing)
* Fixed green/red light indicator at lift
* Fixed a few overlapping & hovering issues
* Fixed construction state of MG42
* Fixed missing morse sound of Command Post
* Added an escape path for allies through the sewer
* Added an assault ramp and hatches to the roof at the gate
* Added more cover around the bridge
* Removed ability to place land mines on asphalt
* Added several voice outputs
* Added extra spawns for allies near the bridge after CP is built
* Added button inside the lift & the door are now crushing players